rlm_sql bug in 64-bit architecture ?

Hugh Messenger hugh at alaweb.com
Wed Jul 25 00:53:08 CEST 2007

Chris Bell said:
: RE: rlm_sql bug in 64-bit architecture ?

> I would love to know what the:
>
> Invalid operator for item Expiration: reverting to '=='
>
> I get them like so:
>
> Invalid operator for item User-name: reverting to '=='
>
> All three of my server logs are filled with them and I've been unable to
> find the reason why.  All the username's listed in the huntgroup can
> successfully authenticate.

My bet is you have an = in a check attribute line in your users file, like:

DEFAULT User-Name = "foo"
	Some-Attribute = "bar"

For a check item (the first line) it should be an ==.

DEFAULT User-Name == "foo"
	Some-Attribute = "bar"

The "=" is an assignment operator (set Some-Attribute to have value "bar").

The "==" is a comparison operator (does User-Name have the value "foo"?).

It is illegal to use the "=" on the check attribute line.

   -- hugh