Nas Type

Roberto Greiner mrgreiner at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 00:05:56 CEST 2007

Hi,

I was starting to look at checkrad, and found (based on
http://www.freeradius.org/radiusd/doc/Simultaneous-Use) that using
"other" as the NAS-type will actually check only radutmp instead of
looking at the actual NAS. Now, Could someone point me what would be the
proper NAS type to use for each of the devices below(or the proper
reference document to use)? I'm using the following NASes in my network:

Monowall
pfSense
(3Com) Total Control
PopTop (in Linux)

What I want to do is to use checkrad as one of the steps to make sure
that whoever appears as logged is really logged in, because I'm trying
to use Simultaneous-use check, and some of the above (notably monowall)
doesn't seem to be clearing properly sometimes.

Thank you very much,

Roberto Greiner

                Marcos Roberto Greiner

   The optimists believe we are in the best of worlds
    The pessimists are afraid that this is true
                                       Murphy