Wrong behaviour of rlm_ldap module + users file

inverse inverse at ngi.it
Fri Jul 27 13:25:03 CEST 2007

Hi,

I tried the suggestion and it didn't work, here are the involved
radiusd.conf sections.
You will also notice mschap and similars, that's because we also have
dialup users who need an ldap lookup for their belonging to a dialup
group and the password. I also need to check if chap still works with
this configuration...

instantiate {
        exec
        ldap
        files
        expr

}

authorize {

        preprocess
        auth_log
        chap
        mschap
        suffix
        eap
        files
        pap

}

authenticate {

        Auth-Type PAP {
                pap
        }

        Auth-Type CHAP {
                chap
        }

        Auth-Type MS-CHAP {
                mschap
        }
        eap

}

And this is the users file line:

john.doe at test.com Cleartext-Password := "a", Ldap-Group == "wifi"

I also used this one:

john.doe at test.com Ldap-Group == "wifi"

with EAP-TLS.

No way. Both first perform a user-existence check in the ldap_groupcmp() call.
Meaning these both work if user exists in the LDAP tree.
In the meanwhile I'm looking at the source code for this call... it
sounds like this search is hardcoded somewhere. Forgive my suckage.
T_T

Bye,
Inverse

--
"In a sea of glass shards, I hear you screaming"
--icchan