Adding a NAS via SQL

Peter Nixon listuser at peternixon.net
Sun Jul 29 15:20:58 CEST 2007

Yeah. That would be one way, but its kind of like saying we are going to
introduce a new feature to a BMW that makes it dangerous at speeds over
100km so don't drive it on an autobahn...

It is an issue that has been discussed previously and FreeRADIUS is unlikely
to ever do an SQL SELECT of the nas table for every inbound packet. What may
be possible is to reload the nas list at certain intervals (from cron is the
easiest) but until/unless HUP handling is improved that is problematic for
deployments that need to keep session state (ie. EAP users). If you dont use
EAP, then there is no problem doing a full restart on a regular basis..

Cheers

Peter

--

Peter Nixon