"WPA keys" that expires after use

Ferdo Piš ferd0pis at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 29 16:47:46 CEST 2007

I would like to setup a wirelless network in my shop for my customers. And instead of giving them WPA Shared Key, which is valid until I change it manually, I would like to give them a "WPA key, which is valid only for x hours".

The idea is, that the router does the authentication via radius server, which stores predefined "WPA keys". When user uses one of them to access the network, the "WPA key" is activated. After specified period of time, radius server automatically deactivates the WPA key and disconnects user.

This way, I could forgetet about changing WPA key manually every week, stop worring that my key was spred to much, etc.

Is this possible with FreeRadius server? If yes, is there any "how-to" on this subject? Or do you recomend any other aproach?

Ferd0