No subject

Kennie Lionheart kenniematt at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 31 06:46:30 CEST 2007

Hi,

I have a question about Freeradius' log.

My costomer has used Remote Access VPN with Freeradius and Cisco VPN 3000, and 2 months ago, they added Cisco ASA on their system in order to expanse their VPN system. Now their users can use both VPN 3000 and ASA. VPN 3000's IP address is xx.xxx.xxx.9 and ASA's IP address is xxx.xxx.xxx.10. Both are global addresses.

When their users use VPN through VPN 3000, ahthentication log can be seen on /var/log/radius/radacct/xxx.xxx.xxx.9, however when their users use VPN though ASA, no log can be seen in /var/log/radius/radacct/. I think xxx.xxx.xxx.10 should be seen there for the newly added ASA. Of course their users can connect to servers since they are ahtenticated and authorized, but no log are made on radius server. Does nyone have any idea about this? any solutions? any more configurations?

This is the Linux and Radius version that they use;
Linux Server: fedora-release-1-3Radius version: freeradius-0.9.3-1.1

This is the configuration on the client.conf on the server;}
client xxx.xxx.xxx.10 { secret  = tti shortname = VPN2
 nastype     = cisco # localhost isn't usually a NAS...}
client xxx.xxx.xxx.9 { secret  = tti shortname = VPN
 nastype     = cisco # localhost isn't usually a NAS...}
client xxx.xxx.xxx.1 { secret  = tti shortname = localhost
 nastype     = other # localhost isn't usually a NAS...}

Thanks,Ken