Backing up freeradius

Elie Hani ehani at wise.net.lb
Fri Jun 1 11:43:36 CEST 2007

Thanks a lot, it works fine now.

Elie Hani

-----Original Message-----
From: freeradius-users-bounces+ehani=wise.net.lb at lists.freeradius.org
[mailto:freeradius-users-bounces+ehani=wise.net.lb at lists.freeradius.org] On
Behalf Of Peter Nixon
Sent: Friday, June 01, 2007 10:47 AM
To: FreeRadius users mailing list
Subject: Re: Backing up freeradius

On Fri 01 Jun 2007, Peter Nixon wrote:
> On Fri 01 Jun 2007, Elie Hani wrote:
> > Hi;
> >
> > I have freeradius configured on Fedora Core 6, I tried to configure a
> > backup script where I can copy /etc/raddb folder to another server with
> > the same version and the same operating system.
> >
> > When it's done, the command service radiusd start did not work,
> > But radiusd -x & worked and the server is well functioning.
> >
> > What could be the problem?
>
> permissions...

My server synchronisation script looks like:

 rsync -a /etc/raddb root at remotehost:/etc --delete
 ssh root at remotehost /etc/init.d/freeradius stop
 ssh root at remotehost /etc/init.d/freeradius start

I run it AFTER I have already verified that the config works on the
localhost, and I use ssh keys so that it doesnt ask for the password for
each line...

If you have different ssl certs on each machine then you will need to modify

the rsync line..

Cheers
--

Peter Nixon