Dynamic VLAN-Assigning with Dell PowerConnect 3448

André Graf grafand at zhwin.ch
Wed Jun 6 00:42:02 CEST 2007

Hi List

Since hours i am trying to get dynamic vlan-assigning working with a
Dell PowerConnect 3448 Switch and Freeradius 1.1.6.

In my Users-File I have the following Default-Entry (like seen in
some other tutorials, often used with Cisco-devices).

DEFAULT Auth-Type := EAP
         Tunnel-Type = 13,
         Tunnel-Medium-Type = 6,
         Tunnel-Private-Group-Id = 110

The authentication succeed, but I don't fall in to the defined VLAN.
(I always fall in to the Switch-Default-VLAN #1)

Are there some kind of "special" settings with this DELL-Switch or is
there an other solution for my problem?

Thank you for your answers!

Greetings
Andre