EAP-TLS problem

deepak kumar deepak2k06 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 08:07:31 CEST 2007

hi shantunu
see my comments below..

On 6/5/07, shantanu choudhary <shantanu_843 at yahoo.co.in> wrote:

> hi all,
> i m trying to get EAP-TLS working for free radius, but i m not able to
> figure out how to handle all those certificates.

   You need one CA , one server certificate and one client certificate, both
the certificates must be signed from same CA.

Can u tell me how are u using those certificates and are u using openssl for
> generating those certificates and do need to run openssl explicitly along
> with radius server to check client certifiates,

I have used  openssl  to generate  certificates ,
and u need not run openssl with radius server after you have prepared all
the certificates.
all you need to do is to configure  eap.conf  file  accordingly.

and how to transfere those certificates to client. there is lot of help
> available and i tried few with some unsuccessful attempts. If u know really
> gud online help available please let me know...

copy  CA  and  client certificate  on client machine.
there are lot of tutorials on net for this.
i used one given in linuxjournal .

-deepak

regards