Attribute usages / syntax

Stefan Winter stefan.winter at restena.lu
Fri Jun 8 16:21:02 CEST 2007

Dear Paul,

(please don't hijack other people's threads - start a new one!)

> I do need some example and explanation about how to used the following
> attributes :

> + session-time

You mean Session-Timeout?

> + login-time
> + called-station-id
>
> Is the above attributes need some configuration script on radiusd.conf?

All supported natively.

> I do try to used :
> +----+----------+-----------------+----+-------------------+
>
> | id | UserName | Attribute       | op | Value             |
>
> +----+----------+-----------------+----+-------------------+
>
> | 11 | demo     | Auth-Type       | := | Local             |

Don't set Auth-Type. This mantra is used very frequently on this list! Delete
this line.

> | 12 | demo     | Password        | == | 123456            |

The operator should be :=, not ==.

You didn't report which FreeRADIUS version you are using, in any case the name
of the attribute is wrong:

prior to version 1.1.6, the Attribute "User-Password" was supposed to be used,
since 1.1.6 it is "Cleartext-Password".

> | 39 | demo     | Login-Time      | == | Mo-Sa1900-0800|Su |

I've never seen this syntax for specifying Login-Time before. Where did you
get that from? It looks very odd in a radcheck table...

> | 42 | demo     | Session-Timeout | == | 1800              |

Here as well, I think the operator must be := not ==.

> and the consequense... user can not login...

Given that almost every line in your output above has flaws, this doesn't
really surprise me.

Stefan Winter

--
Stefan WINTER

Stiftung RESTENA - Réseau Téléinformatique de l'Education Nationale et de
la Recherche
Ingenieur Forschung & Entwicklung

6, rue Richard Coudenhove-Kalergi
L-1359 Luxembourg