POD and HP Products.

Arran Cudbard-Bell A.Cudbard-Bell at sussex.ac.uk
Sun Jun 10 23:57:03 CEST 2007

Hi,

Trying to find out whether any HP products support PoD (Packet of
Disconnect). I've got a HP2626 ProCurve  switch and one of the new HP
530 WAPs (released last august).

Tried using radclient with the example in the wiki, but I don't get any
response back from the switch or the WAP. According to the RFC (rfc3576)
even if the packet of disconnect does not have the correct attributes ,
the NAS should send back a PoD NAK with the appropriate error code.
The lack of Disconnect NAK suggests that HP devices don't support PoD,
but I just wanted to check to see if anybody has had any experience with
this.

Seems strange that their enterprise products don't support  something as
basic as this, specially when the RFC was published in 2003.

*sigh*

Whats even more stupid is that you can disconnect users using the ssh
interface on the switches using,

# conf
*# aaa port-access authenticator <port range> reauthenticate* .