Installing freeradius on hosted directory : can't create /usr/local/sbin

Leodom freeradius at magicmoorea.com
Mon Jun 11 02:58:36 CEST 2007

Hello !

I am trying to  install freeradius on an hosted Linux space I have rented,
I do have a dedicated IP,  and shell access.

Following install procedure, I stumbled on the  make install command :

[~/public_html/freeradius-1.1.6]# make install
/home/lvkinfon/public_html/freeradius-1.1.6/install-sh -c -d -m 755
/usr/local/sbin
mkdir: cannot create directory `/usr/local/sbin': Permission denied
make: *** [install] Error 1

I am quite new to Linux, and so it would be great if someone could give me
an hint on  what I should do to solve this and be able to install
freeradius...

thanks for anyone who have some help