help in setting up PEAP in freeRADIUS with winXp

Alan Dekok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Jun 11 17:24:04 CEST 2007

Apangshu Saha wrote:
> Hi Martin,
> Thanks for your reply.Everything you mentioned is configured in eap.conf
> file.Still i am facing the problem.

  If the server says "no such EAP type mschapv2", then the module isn't
defined, or the server isn't reading same configuration file you're
looking at.

> Plz let me know how to proceed to fix it.

  Stop editing the default configuration file to break it.  Start with
the default configuration file, and make gradual changes until you have
the configuration you want.

  Or, run the server in debugging mode as suggested in the README, FAQ,
INSTALL, and nearly daily on this list.  It will tell you which
configuration file it's reading, and which modules it is loading.  If it
isn't loading the "mschapv2" module, then the debug output will not have
any references to "mschapv2".

  That would explain why PEAP isn't working.