V2 pre2 Switch blocks ?

Arran Cudbard-Bell A.Cudbard-Bell at sussex.ac.uk
Tue Jun 12 15:00:31 CEST 2007

Alan Dekok wrote:
> Arran Cudbard-Bell wrote:
>> I'm guessing you've offloaded this onto the regexp libraries so all the
>> modifiers should work ?
>
>   All modifiers?  Perl only uses 'i', 'm', 's', and 'x'.  For us, 'm'
> and 's' don't make any sense.  'x' is hard, so we can ignore it.

m does make sense in long string attributes which may contain newlines,
though agreed not *really* much use in our case.
same with s

and yeah no point in x.

Ok it is just i which is useful.

nice work :)

Hmm though there may be a bug with using (?:) to stop the capturing of a
sub group, seems to break capturing all together.

I'll test it a bit more and get back to you ...

This isn't recent, it's always been there... but I had FreeRADIUS was
using some weird flavour of regexp.