freeradius-jradius-pam

lisa laam laam.lisa at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 15:38:32 CEST 2007

Hi,

I have a trainee.
-I have to write a module witch should be able to authenticate users with
username and password concatenated to OTP (One Time Password) rather than
only password.
- this module should be able to authenticate first the user within Active
Directory and then validate the OTP.
-The module that validate the OTP is Servlet (JAVA module). and i should
call this programme from my module to do OTP validation.

- I propose to use Freeradius to integrate this module for remote  access.
-For web access I proposed writting a module (PAM module) for an Apache
Server./ your comment?

-The probleme is that i have only two months left to implement one of the
two solution (Apache or Radius) so I should choose rapidly. Witch of the two
is easiest to implement??  ( note this is that this is the first time I deal
with Freeradius, PAM, Apache)

my questions are :

2- if i used Freeradius, then what would be easy and rapid to implement a
PAM module or using JRadius (I tried to install Jradius patch, but didn't
succeed)?
 Did you recommend me JRadius (I thougt about JRadius because the OTP
validation programme is written in JAVA) ?

3- about PAM modules, I understand that we could use this independently from
Freeradius Server. Is this true. would it be easier and faster to implement
a standalone PAM?

please need your advice. help me to decide :

- write a PAM for Freeradius or wwhat a module ?
- use Jradius with Freeradius or
- write PAM for Apache
- standalone PAM ?? or
- what ?