Statistics tool?

Dennis Skinner dskinner at bluefrog.com
Wed Jun 13 16:28:00 CEST 2007

Alan Dekok wrote:
> Graham Beneke wrote:
>> Does anyone know of any system that could be used to remotely monitor if
>> a radius server is up?
>
>   radclient?  Send the server a Status-Server request, and it should
> respond.  See radiusd.conf for more.
>
>> Something along the lines of radtest and then you would add a nasclient
>> line for each testing location and dummy users entry that can be queried
>> by the test location.
>
>   That's not needed.

Except I don't think that will test your db connection (if you have
one).  If you use radclient to do a full auth test, you get a better
idea as to the status of the entire service instead of just the daemon.

We use a check_radius Nagios script which I believe uses radclient.

We also have a script that tails the radius log and pops those entries
into another db for our CS ppl to look at and I know it is working
correctly even if there is no traffic because I can see the Nagios check
entries.

--
Dennis Skinner
Systems Administrator