Modifying authorization replies by a proxy

Martin Horcicka martin at horcicka.eu
Thu Jun 14 13:36:28 CEST 2007

Hi,

when the FreeRADIUS is configured as a proxy is there any way to
modify the authorization replies (Access-Accept packets) before
sending them to the NAS? I need to add there a few attributes
(purchased connection speed etc.).

Reply attributes in the 'users' file of the proxy seem to be ignored.
For example, with the following record in the 'users' file proxying
works well but the Framed-IP-Address attribute seems to be ignored:

username Proxy-To-Realm := xxx
        Framed-IP-Address := "2.2.2.2"

rlm_attr_rewrite does not seem to be useful in this case as I need to
define the rules on a per-user basis.

(FreeRADIUS 1.1.6)

Martin