2.0.0 documentation for radiusd.conf.

Alan Dekok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Jun 14 14:17:02 CEST 2007

Arran Cudbard-Bell wrote:
>          if(("%{2}" == "") || ("%{2}" == "sussex.ac.uk")){

  You don't need to check if strings are empty like that.  You can do:

	if (!"%{2}" || ...

  which may be easier to read.

> Oh and empty case statements screw things up in strange and weird ways...

  I think much of that is just an issue with it not printing the right
thing in debug mode.

> case local with content
>
> ++- entering switch %{Realm}
> +++- entering case local
>          expand: %{Packet-Src-IP-Address} -> 139.184.6.42
>          expand: %{Packet-Src-IP-Address} -> 139.184.6.42

  Not sure why that's happening...

> But thats pretty minor compared with the bus issue... still trying to
> track down whats causing it ... = works fine := breaks ...

  I just don't see that.  Can you narrow it down to a particular packet,
and a 5-6 line config?

> But anyway, still loving the unlang, it's made things so much easier !

  I know.  I started down a similar path with rlm_policy, but it was
awkward and annoying.  I always wanted some kind of brains in the config
 files, but only recently managed to do it in a way that makes sense.

  Even with it's limited functionality, it's a *huge* step over 1.1.x.

> HP530s Don't send a service-type in the request, they also send their
> loopback address as NAS-IP-Address ?! And they do a weird thing with
> appending the SSID to the called-station-id ...

  That last bit is actually supposed to happen.

> HP 2626 switches, with firmware revision H.10.35 get the first 10 chars
> of their own mac address right, then screw up the last two ...

  Wow...

> Oh and update request is now unbroken , thanks .

  I've just added "<=" and ">=", which do things like enforce limits.

	update reply {
		Session-Timeout = 7200
	update reply {
		Session-Timeout <= 3600
	}

  Will set it to 3600.  See "man unlang".

  Oh, and "-=" works.  With the "users" file, it didn't.  And there are
other corner-case bugs fixed, too.