sql_log and sql.conf

Nicolas Baradakis nbk at sitadelle.com
Thu Jun 14 17:48:14 CEST 2007

Stefan Winter wrote:

> the accounting queries in sql.conf and the sample sql_log module in
> radiusd.conf are not identical. For consistency, I'd expect to find the same
> things there. Any specific reason, or can I just copy over the usual queries
> from sql.conf into that module and expect them to work?

In short: you can copy your queries into sql_log and it'll work.

The sample queries in rlm_sql_log are a little simpler than rlm_sql
because there is no retry mechanism with alternative queries in
rlm_sql_log. The alternative queries are not really needed anymore
because since MySQL 4.1 you can write "INSERT ... ON DUPLICATE KEY
UPDATE ..." in a single statement. However I have no idea if this
syntax can work with other databases than MySQL.

--
Nicolas Baradakis