Errors reading dictionary - MikroTik

Stefan Winter stefan.winter at restena.lu
Fri Jun 15 09:21:29 CEST 2007

> Im using the dictionary file provided by MikroTik at
> http://www.mikrotik.com/Documentation/manual_2.9/dictionary whihc  I
> installed by typing;
>
> cd /etc/freeradius
> rm dictionary
> wget http://www.mikrotik.com/Documentation/manual_2.9/dictionary
> chmod 640 dictionary
> chown root.freerad dictionary

Ahem. You *deleted* everything FreeRADIUS knows about RADIUS attributes and
replaced it with *only* MikroTik stuff? "Doomed" is the only word that comes
to my mind then :-)

/etc/freeradius/dictionary is the MASTER dictionary. Don't delete it. Instead,
download the MikroTik thing into a different dictionary, and move it
to /etc/freeradius under a *different* name,
like /etc/freeradius/dictionary.mikrotik

Then, edit /etc/freeradius/dictionary to $INCLUDE this file.

The error log you provided still seems to indicate that there is a formatting
error in that MikroTik dictionary. You need to fix its syntax so that it
conforms to FreeRADIUS then - regardless of Mikrotik's claim that it *is*
conformant.

> I'm relatively new to FreeRADIUS and any help would be appreciated.

Start by not deleting essential parts ;-)

Stefan

--
Stefan WINTER

Stiftung RESTENA - Réseau Téléinformatique de l'Education Nationale et de
la Recherche
Ingenieur Forschung & Entwicklung

6, rue Richard Coudenhove-Kalergi
L-1359 Luxembourg