Need help with 802.1X authentication to Active Directory

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Fri Jun 15 20:30:28 CEST 2007

Hi,

> I am using CENTOS 5 as the host system actiing as the SAMBA/RADIUS server.
> All the *.conf files are configured as directed.
> I have joined the radius server to the Active Directory domain and
> configured the radius server with custom SSL certificates.
>
> The Radius server starts correctly but I cannot get my supplicant to
> authenticate.
> Any Ideas?

if you have copied the certs to the windows system as per the
instructions and available help guides etc and you see the authentication
attempts made (sorry, you only posted the main start of radiusd -X
and a small snip of the debug output - we need to see it all - yes, ALL
550 odd lines of 'garbage') and you are not seeing ANY attempt being
made to hit the ntlm_auth line, then the certs have not been correctly
generated.

alan