Attribute "User-Password" is required for authentication

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Jun 19 02:45:29 CEST 2007

Cody Jarrett wrote:
> I originally had "Default Auth-type := pam" but I removed that.  Users
> are stored in an ldap database and I am basically trying to get radius
> to use pam for auth info, is this wrong? I don't understand how radius
> will use pam if I don't specify it somewhere.

  You cannot use PAM to authenticate PEAP sessions.

  If users are stored in an LDAP database, then configure the server to
read their cleartext passwords from the LDAP database.  The server will
do the rest.

  If the passwords aren't available in LDAP, or are encrypted, then you
need to make the passwords available in LDAP.

  You're trying to force a particular solution, for reasons that are
unclear.