Frreradius PAP and CHAP

lisa laam laam.lisa at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 16:06:58 CEST 2007

Hi,

I configured Freeradius to use PAP method with users file.
The password is stored in clear text is stored in clear text in the user
file and it works well.

Now I want to use other mode of user storing with PAP method. (exemple MD5
with the user file locatedt in /freeradius-1.1.6/src/tests/digest-auth-MD5)

1- How to tell frreeradius that the user password  is stored in clear text,
or digest, or MD5 hashed, etc ??
I tried to copy the content of "digest-auth-MD5" in the "users" file and I
got this errror :

Errors reading /opt/freeradius/etc/raddb/users
radiusd.conf[1067]: files: Module instantiation failed.
radiusd.conf[1852] Unknown module "files".
radiusd.conf[1788] Failed to parse authorize section.

I want to test also CHAP method, how to tell radius to use this method in
stead of PAP?

thanks