Frreradius PAP and CHAP

tnt at kalik.co.yu tnt at kalik.co.yu
Wed Jun 20 00:44:27 CEST 2007

No, not with radtest. You can use radclient, which has much more ability,
but is also more complicated.

Use, for instance, XP dialup connection. In connection properties click
on Security tab, Advanced radio button and then Settings button. By
default all protocols are ticked. Leave only CHAP ticked and exit with
OK. Once you are done with testing remember to go back and add protocols
back.

WARNING: This will work only if the NAS you are connecting through also
supports CHAP authentication. If it doesn't, XP client with only CHAP
enabled won't be able to connect.

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP