dialup_admin user password question

Jay Banks jbanks at nalcomwireless.com
Wed Jun 20 14:13:32 CEST 2007

> On Wed 20 Jun 2007, Jay Banks wrote:
>> I spent most of the day getting dialup_admin to work, and I did get it to
>> work. Not being an mysql expert, I have to say what a blessing Webmin
>> turned out to be on the project. It sure was nice to be able to easily
>> use
>> Webmin to look at data in the database table.
>
> Please do not hijack threads on the mailing list. Please start your own
> thread!

I've gone back through and read the latest posts. Unless I missed it, I have
only seen two other discussions on Dialup Admin, and that was a bad link to
download it, and a blank password for Mikrotik.

I read the PAP - CHAP thread, if that is what I "hijacked" my apologies. I
see that as related, maybe, but the real issue was with where Dialup Admin
was telling it how to store a password. I worked all day on Dialup Admin and
just overlooked it. And as I stated, was just looking for someone to point
me in the right direction since I was going to be out of the office for a
couple of days and wanted to hit the ground running when I returned to work.

Feeling it had to be a Dialup Admin issue, I looked through the admin.conf
again this morning. For people searching the archives, here was the line I
missed:

#
# can be one of crypt,md5,clear
#
general_encryption_method: clear

Change the above line from crypt to clear. This is located under this
section:

general_auth_request_file:

The "general_auth_request_file" threw me off a little. I was thinking
"password" at the time.

Thanks,

Jay Banks
 http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mikrotik-wisp