Need help with 802.1X authentication to Active Directory

Bryant Marsh bryantmarsh at cookielee.com
Wed Jun 20 18:24:11 CEST 2007

Hi Ivan,

Sorry I forgot to mention that I did import the cert-clt.p12 and cacert.pem
to the local machine certificate store.

I was reading a document that was saying that the USERS file is not
necessary for authenticating to Active Directory. Is that really true?

Here are my config files.
http://www.nabble.com/file/p11217074/clients.conf clients.conf
http://www.nabble.com/file/p11217074/smb.conf smb.conf
http://www.nabble.com/file/p11217074/nsswitch.conf nsswitch.conf
http://www.nabble.com/file/p11217074/radiusd.conf radiusd.conf
http://www.nabble.com/file/p11217074/eap.conf eap.conf
http://www.nabble.com/file/p11217074/hosts hosts

Thanks,
Bryant.

Yes. Certificates created with xpextensions will work with Win2K3 clients
as well. But you need to import CA certificate to the trusted
certificate store on Windows clients (XP and 2K3; Win 2K can't be used).

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP