Freeradius-Users Digest, Vol 26, Issue 79

Hugh Messenger hugh at alaweb.com
Wed Jun 20 23:57:53 CEST 2007

Alan DeKok wrote:
> Hugh Messenger wrote:
> > So far the only errors I'm seeing are these:
> >
> > ==29820== Thread 2:
> > ==29820== Invalid write of size 1
> > ==29820==    at 0x4819294: strNcpy (misc.c:187)
> > ==29820==    by 0x4CC43F3: sqlippool_postauth (rlm_sqlippool.c:527)
>
>   That's... fairly broken.

Oh dear.  I think you just made that wind sucking tsk-tsk sound favored by
auto mechanics.

FYI, these errors only seem to happen on the first handful of logins.  Then
it seems to run error free.  Not much help, but an observation none the
less.

>   Barring severe code changes to rlm_sqlippool, I would suggest not
> using it in 1.1.6.  Sorry.

No apologies necessary.  Hey, I get what I pay for.  :)

>   Try 2.0.0-pre, at least the rlm_sqlippool module is fixed there.

Okie Dokie.

Is 2.0.0 ready for prime time, assuming the bits I need work?  Given that my
choice is to keep running 1.1.6 in debug mode from a terminal session, I'd
take a slightly fragile v2.  Load would be very light for a few months while
we migrate to PPPOE.

>   Alan DeKok.

   -- hugh