1.1.6 initial testing

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Jun 21 15:34:15 CEST 2007

Andrew Long wrote:
> 1st run, using MYSQL. Testing on localhost, I find I cannot authenticate
> using an entry in user or one in the sql...

  You haven't configured the server to *use* the SQL module for
Access-Requests.  The debug output below clearly shows that: No SQL
module is references after the Access-Request is received.

  Also, for the "users" file:
>     users: Matched entry DEFAULT at line 153
>     users: Matched entry along at line 218

  Go look at those entries, and read "man users".  It should be clear
why the server is behaving as it is.

  Also, the FAQ says how to put an entry in the "users" file to do local
password authentication.  It works.  Follow it.