terminating EAP tunnels, proxy and realms

Helmut Tröbs Helmut.Troebs at lrz-muenchen.de
Fri Jun 22 14:18:52 CEST 2007

Hello Andreas,

> No we want to participate in inter University roaming (eduroam) and thus
> have to proxy some requests a parent server. Everything works great
> except regarding the outer identity.
>
> If it's just "anonymous" everything is ok, but if it's
> "anonymous@<somerealm>" and <somerealm> is configured in proxy.conf the
> EAP-Request ist proxied instead of terminated. This is correct by
> configuration but not wanted.
>
> Is there a way to terminate the EAP regardless of the outer identity?

why do you want this. The EAP Tunnel should terminate on the last
RADIUS where the user belongs. On your RADIUS only the EAP-Tunnels for
your users should be terminating.

Read
http://www.dfn.de/content/fileadmin/1Dienstleistungen/GWIN/sonstiges/Konfiguration-freeradius.pdf
it is for DFN-Roaming, but it is the same as EDUROAM.

regards

Helmut