2.0.0-pre sqlippool

Hugh Messenger hugh at alaweb.com
Wed Jun 27 18:32:43 CEST 2007

Peter Nixon [mailto:listuser at peternixon.net] said
> From now on (20 min ago), MySQL should be a fully support dialect for
> rlm_sqlippool so the table is part of the normal schema and the queries
> _should_ work by default. Please send patches for anything that is still
> broken as I don't test against MySQL myself.

Okie Dokie.

> > It seems to want %{check:Pool-Name}.  Which is weird in itself, because
> > 'man unlang' doesn't mention a 'check' list type, it should be
> 'request'.
> > But that doesn't work!  The only thing that seems to work in 2.0.0 is
> > %{check:Pool-Name}.  Can't just be %{Pool-Name}, either.
>
> fixed. Alan changed things after I wrote it ;-)

I just noticed the 'man unlang' paragraph about 'check' being a synonym for
'control'.  Did that just get added, or was I being blind first time round?
I do try and read the docs before posting here, and I'd hate to think I
missed that.

> > 2) In the allocate-update query ...
[snip]
> > ... I have to change the %{FramedIPAddress} to %I to get this query to
> > work.
>
> I dont see this problem...

I'll look at that again.  Alan pointed out the typo, but that was in this
(email) copy of the text, where I'd copied and (incorrectly) edited my
working version of the file.  However, it's possible I may have done the
same while testing, so I'll get back to you on that one.

> OK. I have significantly updated the mysql queries according to the second
> set of queries at:
> http://wiki.freeradius.org/Talk:Rlm_sqlippool
>
> Can you please update to current cvs and tell me if anything else needs
> fixing?

First problem is the new version is Windows Unfriendly, as it uses all lower
case column names in the queries, although the schema in mysql.sql still
uses mixed case names.  Which of course you are committed to using anyway,
because of awkward people like me who already have Windows MySQL
radippool's, and are unwilling to enable the 'ignore case' option.  :)

I'll friendly-up the new mysql-ippool-dialup.conf and send you a copy.

> Peter Nixon
> http://www.peternixon.net/
> PGP Key: http://www.peternixon.net/public.asc

   -- hugh