Question about dictionnary

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Jun 28 07:03:04 CEST 2007

Thomas LAVIGNE wrote:
> I made a find command for "redback" but it returned no result.

  Then you're not using a version of FreeRADIUS that was released in the
past 7 years.  It's included a "dictionary.redback" for almost that long.

> The same command for "dictionary" returned two results :
> One in /etc/freeradius/dictionary
> and one in /usr/share/freeradius/dictionary

  Or, "man dictionary" would tell you the same thing.  Also, if you read
the file in share/..., it *should* refer to a dictionary.redback file in
the same directory.  If it does, your "find" command was broken.  If it
doesn't, install 1.1.6, not 0.1.

> So I guess I need to modify the first one. Here is the things in need to
> add into the dictionary :
> *
> User specific information:*
>      Username          aNiceUserName
>       Password          aGoodPassword

  Uh... no.  Absolutely not.  Read "man dictionary", and "man users"
before doing anything else.

> Where and how to add these "words" into the dictionary.

  These "words" have commonly used "names" that are defined in the
"documentation".  Please read it.