sqlippool reject authentication if no IP?

Peter Nixon listuser at peternixon.net
Thu Jun 28 07:40:19 CEST 2007

On Thu 28 Jun 2007, Alan DeKok wrote:
> Hugh Messenger wrote:
> > With my current configuration, if sqlippool cannot assign an IP, the
> > authentication still succeeds.
>
>   The module returns NOOP.  It could arguable return "fail".
>
> > How can I set things up so if no IP is available, the authentication
> > will fail with some informative Reply-Message, like the simultaneous use
> > session control does?
>
>   Use configurable failover (see doc/configurable_failover).  It's not
> yet integrated into the unlang nicely.  I'd like to do that before
> releasing -pre2.

Yeah. Its currently designed to allow you to run two copies of the module
side by side and have the second one assign the IP if the first one doesn't
(Simply by listing one module after the other). This is to allow replicated
pools on 2 different physical database servers. Additionally I use it with
one table for dynamic ips, and a separate table for "static" ips.

Cheers

--

Peter Nixon
http://www.peternixon.net/