Hints File and Users file and I am lost

Jeff jeffa at jahelpdesk.com
Thu Jun 28 08:16:03 CEST 2007

First let me say I have worked on this for a day, read pretty much all i can find, docs etc, and am getting more confused as I go, so its time to step back and ask for some help om what I am doing wrong.

I am trying to get  a default profile to work
I can't put on in the users file cause the billling program auto creates a file, and its the culprit
that won't input the ascend-data-filter in the correct format.
So I can't create a default profile in the users file

I use a users txt file for users to auth thats imported by our billing program
This works great, etc and users auth, etc aok all works and is in production
The issue came up when the ascend data filter would not work
well it turns out the billing program sends the info wrong it just
not  chageable at the billing software
Ascend-Data-Filter = "ip in forward tcp est",  ---> note no + as +=
And of course without the += when its sent out to the nas its only seeing the 1st line and doesn't read the rest
of the filters

The issue is its importing the ascend data filter attribute incorrectly and theirs no way to change it
at the rodopi billing end
I won't get into details of that for its just not possible to get that to happen

So I need to come up with a way add that info at the radius level

I have played with the hints file but i am not sure thats my answer, and for some reason its not even appearing to see it ie the preprocess is uncommented in radiusd.conf authorize section and in accounting section

Heres the example

Heres whats happening on a user with what i have been trying

First I have two realms

example
realm sakeoftest.net {
 type  = radius
 authhost = LOCAL
 accthost = LOCAL
 nostrip

realm sakeoftest2.net {
 type  = radius
 authhost = LOCAL
 accthost = LOCAL
 nostrip

---
Heres the hints file entry

DEFAULT Suffix == "", Strip-User-Name = No
 Hint = "test",
 Framed-Protocol = PPP,
 Service-Type = Framed-User,
 Session-Timeout = 14400,
 Ascend-Data-Filter += "ip in forward tcp est",
 Ascend-Data-Filter += "ip in forward dstip *.*.*.*/32",
 Ascend-Data-Filter += "ip in forward dstip *.*.*.*/32",
 Ascend-Data-Filter += "ip in forward dstip *.*.*.*/32",
 Ascend-Data-Filter += "ip in forward dstip *.*.*.*/32",
 Ascend-Data-Filter += "ip in drop tcp dstport = 25",
 Ascend-Data-Filter += "ip in forward",
 Port-Limit = 1
---

Heres the entry for the users.txt file