[meta] admin tools and utilities

Hugh Messenger hugh at alaweb.com
Thu Jun 28 19:16:02 CEST 2007

Forgive me if meta-discussions are frowned upon.

I was just wandering what tools and utilities (not shipped with freeradius)
people find useful in day to day admin and testing.

My vote goes to NTRadPing, a fully featured Windows take on the standard
UN*X radping.  Freebie, from http://www.dialways.com/download/.  Very
intuitive UI for creating, saving, loading and executing auth and accounting
queries.  Configurable dictionary file.  I'd be lost without it.

Something I'd really like to find is an 'unsolicited' test service,
simulating a NAS listening on 1700, to help diagnose disconnect request
issues.

   -- hugh