Wired Ethernet EAP-TLS

Darren Maden radius at dncomputing.co.uk
Fri Jun 29 10:44:17 CEST 2007

 >   Does the switch have the IP address of the server?

Yes, the switch is setup in the same way as my wireless routers (which
work) and no errors are detected when I start radiusd in debug
mode...although if the switch isn't seeing the server then there
probably wouldn't be any errors, I'm quite confident that these settings
are right though, there isn't really a lot involved.

 >   As was said before, the problem is likely between the switch and the
 > RADIUS server.   Looking at the traffic between the switch and
 > supplicant probably won't help you debug issues between the switch and
 > the RADIUS server.

Nothing is going out to the RADIUS server from the switch, it's on the
same VLAN and other traffic can get through.  Other than some timing and
amount of retry options the only options on the switch are RADIUS Server
IP, ports, secret and name for the switch as well as the per-port options.

But why is the supplicant receiving "success" packets?  Could the switch
be trying to authenticate it itself in some way?

~Darren Maden