MSCHAPV2 over TTLS

awaneesh kumar awaneeshkmr at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 6 15:19:14 CET 2007

Hi All,

  I am testing MSCHAPV2 over TTLS. I am getting follwoing trace on Freeradius. I am using Freeradius version 1.1.3

    rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type MS-CHAP
auth: type "MS-CHAP"
  Processing the authenticate section of radiusd.conf
modcall: entering group MS-CHAP for request 4
  rlm_mschap: Told to do MS-CHAPv2 for tls_user with NT-Password
rlm_mschap: adding MS-CHAPv2 MPPE keys
  modcall[authenticate]: module "mschap" returns ok for request 4
modcall: leaving group MS-CHAP (returns ok) for request 4
  TTLS: Got tunneled Access-Accept

  I am not sure this right as per MSCHAPV2 standards? How to configure Freeradius to do MSCHAPv2 over TTLS?

  Thanks in advance.