authenticating multiple modules?

Tim Tyler tyler at beloit.edu
Fri Mar 9 23:35:31 CET 2007

Freeradius experts,
    I want to use one freeradius server to authenticate against a
system file for students and against ldap for faculty/staff.  I can
get the system file to work alone.  I can get the ldap module to work
alone.  But I can't seem to find a way to get both of them to work
together.  If I set DEFAULT Auth-Type = System in the users file, it
authenticates the system files.  If I set it to ldap, it
authenticates to ldap.  If I put both in the users file, it
authenticates ldap users only.  How do I allow both unix and ldap
modules to authenticate their respective users?   Note: users are
unique to each module.  A user in unix does not exist in ldap and vice versa.

Tim Tyler
Network Engineer - Beloit College
tyler at beloit.edu