ldap groups + freeradius

Thibault Le Meur Thibault.LeMeur at supelec.fr
Tue Mar 13 10:11:53 CET 2007

Hi,

> I have 4 NAS-IP-Addresses.
>
> My users are split into 6 groups (some are in multiple
> groups): public, faculty, staff, student, vpn, and admin.
>
> I would like the users to get access to the NAS by virtue of
> being in a group.
>
> 192.168.1.1
> 	admin
> 192.168.1.2
> 	vpn
> 192.168.1.3 & 192.168.1.4
> 	faculty, staff, student & public

To make group of NASes use the huntgroup file, for instance:

firstnas NAS-IP-Address == 192.168.1.1

lastnas    NAS-IP-Address == 192.168.1.3
lastnas    NAS-IP-Address == 192.168.1.4

Then define your LDAP server in radiusd.conf

Then use the users file to make your rules such as:
DEFAULT Huntgroup-Name == firstnas, Ldap-Group == admin
	Reply-Message = "XXX"
	Fall-Through = no

For more info see:
/usr/share/doc/freeradius/rlm_ldap
/usr/share/doc/freeradius/ldap_howto.txt

HTH,
Thibault