Problem with Digest/OpenSER/Radius

Dariusz Dwornikowski tdi at vercom.pl
Thu Mar 15 17:57:11 CET 2007

On 2007-03-15, at 16:55, Alan DeKok wrote:

> Dariusz Dwornikowski wrote:
>> Hi.
>> 	My problem is such, that we store our passwords in Md5 in database,
>> when authorization request comes from ser, i get digest attributes.
>> I issue:
>
>   Digest authentication and MD5 hashed passwords are incompatible.
>
>   It won't work.
so I HAVE to user clear text passwords? I was thinking just to
compare md5 of password from SIP package.

I also tried to use Digest-HA1 instead of User-Password in database,
but it does not work (i am using freeradius 1.1.4).
getting: rlm_digest: Configuration item "User-Password" or Digest-HA1
is required for authentication.

>> And in Database I have:
>>
>> id = 1
>> UserName = test001
>> Attribute=User-Password
>> Value = test
>>
>> Now, my real database stores passwords as md5 hashes and the radius
>> compares the clear text passwords, how can i force it to compate md5
>> hashes of passwords?
>
>   Use the "MD5-Password" attribute, not the "User-Password" attribute.
> See "man rlm_pap" for more.

can it be combined with digest ? as I am gennting all the time: