Redundant SQL servers accounting problem, FreeRadius 1.1.4

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Mar 22 10:39:12 CET 2007

Alexander V. Klepikov wrote:

> It seemes to me, it's almost impossible to write code which will allow
> sqlsocket->conn to provide accurate information about connection state. But
> again, I'm not a programmer.

  If that's true, then we still need to audit all of the sql code.  Some
code does "if (sqlsocket->conn)...", which would then be wrong.  It
should be "if (sqlsocket->state == sqlconnected) ..."

  And the "enum" defining "sqlconnected" and "sqlunconnected" should be
changed so that 0 means "unconnected".  That change avoids other issues,
too.