Incomplete accounting sessions and IP pool resets

Peter Nixon listuser at peternixon.net
Thu Mar 22 11:43:47 CET 2007

On Wed 21 Mar 2007 11:50, Ramm-Ericson, Johannes wrote:
> Hello Freeradius users!
>
> I have a recurring problem that I'm wondering if any of you have run
> into. I am currently running freeradius 1.1.4 (haven't had time to
> upgrade yet) on Suse Linux SLES 10 together with a Myql DB engine.
>
> I am using IP pools to supply users coming from various NAS:es with IP
> adresses. These IP pools seem to run out of IP adresses which is
> surprising given that I have more IP adresses than users for each NAS.
> Basically, new access requests don't get anywhere because there aren't
> any free IPs left. Once I stop freeradius, delete the ip pools and start
> freeradius again everything is fine. It is annoying however....

I suggest you take a look at the sqlippool module as you can both easily play
with the expiry time, and script sql commands from cron instead of deleting
files on disk. There are quite a few additions in cvs head (soon to be
FreeRADIUS 2.0) so I suggest you run it instead of the 1.1.x branch..

Regards
--

Peter Nixon
http://www.peternixon.net/