bandwidth and volume limit

satish patel linuxtrap at yahoo.co.in
Fri Mar 23 10:06:53 CET 2007

u can limit bandwith per users basis i am using cisco AV-pair attributes for limiting bandwidth for users upload and download u can see my document on last posted ans

Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote: Mathieu Lemaitre wrote:
> HI all,
>
> I'm running freeradius 1.0.2 on a debian stable. For new clients, I need
> to implement 2 functions:
>
> * a bandwidth limit on a per-user basis. I mean, I need to be able to
> set, for a user, a value for his upstream and downstream bw, which is
> sent by the radius as a reply attribute. Are they predefined attributes
> to do this?

  No.  See the NAS documentation.  It may do this, but likely not.

> * a volume limit: I'd like to be able to set a maximum amount of data
> monthly downloadable for each user.

  There is no standard way to do that.  See the NAS documentation.  It
may do this, but likely not.

-

$ cat ~/satish/url.txt

System administrator ( Data Center )