radius-apache authentication problem

Ramazan Ulker ulkerra at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 08:17:45 CEST 2007

Hi
these are error lines in apache error log and apache conf files. thanks for
your assistance

[Wed Mar 28 09:26:27 2007] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] (9)Bad file
descriptor: Could not open password file: (null)
[Wed Mar 28 09:26:27 2007] [crit] [client 127.0.0.1] configuration error:
couldn't check user.  No user file?: /favicon.ico

.htaccess file content
AuthType Basic
AuthBasicAuthoritative off
AuthName "RADIUS authentication for localhost"
AuthXRadiusAddServer "localhost:1812" "testing123"
AuthXRadiusTimeout 2
AuthXRadiusRetries 2
require valid-user

httpd.conf relevant part vhost.conf is similar except directory path
DocumentRoot "/home/web"
<Directory "/home/web">
        Options FollowSymLinks
        AllowOverride  All
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
</Directory>

and apache modules

APACHE_MODULES="actions alias auth_xradius auth_basic authn_file authz_host
authz_groupfile authz_default authz_user authn_dbm autoindex cgi dir env
expires include info log_config mime negotiation setenvif ssl suexec status
userdir php5 vhost_alias"
these modules suceessfully imported to loadmodule.conf