logging trouble

Brad Lachel stuff at d155.org
Wed Mar 28 16:34:06 CEST 2007

I am trying to create a log that tell me who attempted to login,
when, where and what the result was.  I have uncommented the auth_log
line and the reply_log line as well as the detail auth_log and detail
reply_log sections.  When I start up radius, it appears that both the
auth_log and reply log are activated as they both appear correctly in
the instantiated section of the startup process.  When an attempt is
made to login, the authentication is logged, but the reply is not.
What am I missing?

I will admit that I am not real comfortable in deciphering the how-
to's and config files associated with freeradius, but I think that I
have done what I need to in order to get what I am looking for.

NOTE:

freeradius is being used to authenticate users to wireless access
points, the ideal log would look something like this:

MAC	time		WAP IP		result

Thanks in advance for any help

Brad Lachel
District Computer Coordinator
Community High School District #155
1 South Virginia Road
Crystal Lake, IL  60014

815-455-8500 x 28

All e-mail to and from this address is subject to the Acceptable Use Policies of Community High School District #155. All e-mail may be monitored and/or disclosed to third parties. Any views or opinions presented in an e-mail are solely those of the author and may not represent those of Community High School District #155.

Community High School District #155
http://www.d155.org