Proxying by Nas-Ip-Address (was Proxy.conf regex )

Arran Cudbard-Bell A.Cudbard-Bell at sussex.ac.uk
Mon May 7 16:12:13 CEST 2007

Arran Cudbard-Bell wrote:
> Andrea Cerrito wrote:
>
>> Solved, thank you.
>> For many NAS, the NAS-Ip-Address can be checked this way?
>>
>> DEFAULT NAS-Ip-Address =~ "1.2.3.", Proxy-To-Real = "test.com"
>>
>> To match all network 1.2.3.0?
>> I mean, can I check the ip address for the NAS as a regexp?
>>
>> Thank you
>>

> DEFAULT NAS-Ip-Address =~ "^1\.2\.3\.", Proxy-To-Realm := "test.com"
>
> Proxy-To-Realm should be added as a check item, else it won't work...
>

> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Really you should be using huntgroups to define ranges of NAS's anyway.
See the examples in the huntgroups file, and use

Huntgroup-Name == "myhuntgroup", Proxy-To-Realm := "test.com"

I can't remember if regexp only works for strings , I know it doesn't
work for integer attributes, not sure about ipaddr attributes.