rlm_sqlippool in freeradius 1.1.6

Hugh Messenger hugh at alaweb.com
Tue May 8 04:33:02 CEST 2007

Is the rlm_sqlippool in 1.1.6 known to work with MySQL 5?

Actually, I'm fairly sure it's not even getting as far as talking to the db.
No matter what I try, it just tells me 'missing pool_name'.  Which would
seem to indicate that the Pool-Name checklist attribute isn't getting set.
But If I then turn off sqlippool and switch to using the regular ippool,
without changing the DEFAULT's in the users file that define the per-NAS
Pool-Name attributes, that works.

Which seems to imply that my Pool-Name attrribute is getting set, as ippool
has no problems, but for some reason sqlippool isn't grokking it.

I would really like to run sqlippool, as it makes it (almost) a zillion
times easier for me to keep my pools provisioned properly, and do other
neato nifty peachy keen management stuff on the back end.  But I've banged
my head on this one about as hard as I can.

If anyone has any ideas, could I prevail upon you to Cc me direct on your
reply?  I do the digest thing, but I'm a little pressed for time on this
one.

TIA for any help,

   -- hugh