MySQL and postauth_query

George Embrey george at vmail.net.au
Tue May 8 06:38:39 CEST 2007

Hugh Messenger wrote:

>George Embrey <george at vmail.net.au> says:
>

>>Queries to Windows MySQL servers from Linux Systems often fail unless
>>the lower_case_table_names parameter is set to 0 in the my.ini file in
>>the MySQL directory.
>>

>I'm familiar with that issue, and I checked all the table case-ness.  The
>problem seems to be with providing an empty string ('') as the value for an
>auto-incrementing integer primary index.

Yes that is true '' or empty strings are not nulls or integers... I
suggest replacing the '' with the word null, this will sort out the
issue based on the query you specified.

>The problem with setting lower_case_table_names to 0 is that I could end up
>blowing away my MyISAM tables elsewhere in that server, as per the warning
>the service control gives, if I moof a query on those and use the "wrong"
>case:

I would rename the MyISAM tables using phpmyadmin or using SQL and sort
out the Database to run case sensitive in the first place like the ANSI
standard.

Or much better still mysqldump the entire MySQL server into a file
"textfilename.sql", sort out the table names etc... using a good text
editor, place a drop table if exists before each create table entry,
save the file then run mysql -uroot -p < "textfilename.sql" to recreate
all of the databases including data with tablenames in the correct case...

Maybe I am just too fussy...

>"You have forced lower_case_table_names to 0 through a command-line option,
>even though your file system 'E:\MySQL\Data\' is case insensitive.  This
>means that you can corrupt a MyISAM table by accessing it with different
>cases. You should consider changing lower_case_table_names to 1 or 2"

Only if you live in an all windows world... "Compatability is a bitch it
demands the use of standards, the little things which M$ don't adhere to
very well" ;-)

>It's working fine with my modifie query, so I'm just going to put this down
>to "a 5.x thing" and live with my change.  Compared to the wholesale hack
>and slash job I've had to do on the sqlippool queries to get them to work,
>it's no Big Whoop, LOL!
>
>But thanks for the suggestion, I appreciate your time.
>
>   -- hugh
>
>-
>List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

George Embrey