Date expansion fails for inner encryption tunnel log files.

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu May 10 09:39:36 CEST 2007

Arran Cudbard-Bell wrote:
> Firstly is is possible to specify return codes for users files depending
> on matched sections ? Or will the files module always return ok ?

  You can't specify return codes from the "users" file.

> Secondly, whats considered decent throughput in terms of (serial)
> requests per second...
> With none of the SQL or LDAP checking i'm getting around 300ish requests
> per second ;

  That's a little low, to be honest.  My tests on a dual core 1.8GHz
intel show 25k PAP requests per second from localhost to localhost.
That's rather different from what you're seeing.

  Unless you mean 300 full EAP-TLS/TTLS/PEAP authentications per second.
 That's pretty fast, considering that almost all of the CPU time is
spent doing RSA key operations.  And with 5-10 RADIUS packets per EAP
authentication, that's 3k requests/s, not 300.

> We have a user base of around 10,000 users with a absolute maximum of
> 4,000 logged in at any one time, and two Dual Core 2.13ghz 64bit Apple
> Xserves with basic load balancing.
>
> It's obvious that the SQL server is lagging behind, and the LDAP cluster
> is on some ageing Xserves so probably isn't performing at it's peak...
>
> If you have any recommended figures that I could aim for, would be very
> useful.

  For plain PAP: 10k+ requests/s would be expected.  For EAP,
substantially less than that.