3Com Total Control not logging

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri May 11 21:36:30 CEST 2007

Roberto Greiner wrote:
> All three are working fine and authenticating properly, but with one
> catch. The users from the Total Control box do authenticate properly,
> but they are not registered in the logs. No entry in the radacct table
> in MySQL, nothing in radwho nor in radlast. The users are connecting
> (I've confirmed that), and no error message is generated for the the
> Total Control users, but no log is generated.

  See the FAQ.  Is the NAS sending accounting packets?  If not, that's why.

  If it is sending accounting packets, run the server in debugging mode
to see how the server processes the requests.  The reason why some
accounting packets aren't logged will be visible in the debugging output.

  My guess is that the NAS isn't sending accounting packets.