MySQL Authentication

Joseph Sullivan joe at mooseweb.com
Sat May 12 03:39:01 CEST 2007

Hello Group,

I am running OSX 10.4.9 Server, with Free Radius 1.1.6.  I have FreeRadius
setup to connect to my MySQL Server for authentication.  That server is
running MySQL 4.1

    When I try loading radiusd -X I get a mysql link error.

rlm_sql (sql): Could not link driver rlm_sql_mysql:
dlopen(/usr/local/lib/rlm_sql_mysql-1.1.6.so, 9): no suitable image found.
Did find: ?/usr/local/lib/rlm_sql_mysql-1.1.6.so: no matching architecture
in universal wrapper ?/usr/local/lib/rlm_sql_mysql-1.1.6.so: no matching
architecture in universal wrapper
rlm_sql (sql): Make sure it (and all its dependent libraries!) are in the
search path of your system's ld.
radiusd.conf[14]: sql: Module instantiation failed.

>From what I read on the FAQ this is a library error on my system and has
nothing to do with Freeradius.  But my error differs slightly from what the
FAQ says I could be seeing.

I did run a ./configure | grep mysql_config and it came out saying

MySQL = yes.

Can someone help me resolve this?  I greatly appreciate it.

Joseph Sullivan